The proposal deadline for NECC is coming up, and I’m kicking some potential presentation ideas around. Let me know what you think. Of the possible presentation formats, two fit my main areas of interest: workshops and poster sessions. Poster sessions allow one to have a lot of one-to-one conversations with interested people over a two-hour time span. Workshops are traditional large group presentations, about an hour in length.
Poster Session: Single Sign-on In a DYI Portal
This poster session would demonstrate our technique for achieving single sign-on in our insideUHS portal. Our login scheme enlists the following components:
* Active Directory user accounts and group memberships
* Directory security on web site folders and files
* ISAPI filter to permit authentication against both AD (students and employees) and an Access database (parents and guests)
* Browser environment variables
* Custom modifications to open-source scripts to use authenticated user environment variable instead of unique user accounts