With the rapid proliferation of blogs, it is high time to re-emphasize fundamental principles of good web design.
- Readable text
- Pertinent content
- Effective navigation and search
- Short and simple forms
- No bugs, typos, or outdated content.
1. No Author Biographies
2. No Author Photo
3. Nondescript Posting Titles
4. Links Don’t Say Where They Go
5. Classic Hits are Buried
6. The Calendar is the Only Navigation
7. Irregular Publishing Frequency
8. Mixing Topics
9. Forgetting That You Write for Your Future Boss
10. Having a Domain Name Owned by a Weblog Service