Since Maru-a-Pula is now on holiday, I will take the next couple of weeks to write my final report on my visit. Here are some of the recommendations I plan to make, in rough order of priority.
1. Finish networking the academic part of the campus.
2. Redistribute former lab computers to department offices and classrooms as requested.
3. Follow a sustainable system replacement schedule
4. Renegotiate external support contract to focus on occasional, highly technical support rather than daily, routine support tasks.
5. Build new school web site aimed at prospective and current families.
6. Share student technology self-assessment results with staff.
7. Install and configure new servers.
8. Continue to improve Internet bandwidth.
9. Provide staff training for a variety of tech skills
10. Provide a data projector to each department that wants one.
11. Provide 3-5 laptops to staff each year based on a competitive application process
12. Launch school intranet web site to host a simple CMS, such as Moodle.
13. Upgrade clients in two remaining computers labs and library, including at least one Mac/Win dual-boot facility.
14. Extend campus network to staff housing on campus.
15. Redesign forms 2-3 curriculum to replace tech classes with technology projects integrated into other subject classes