Director of Technology
The Putney School, a progressive secondary boarding school, has an opening for a Director of Technology. The job provides considerable scope for innovative leadership within a forward looking educational community.
The Director will:
• Oversee school-wide data structures, policies and procedures;
• Provide vision and strategic direction to the department;
• Oversee and manage technology staff;
• Work with all major departments (i.e. Development, Admissions, etc.) to make the best use of technology
• Manage budgets;
• Oversee inventory and planned refresh of the infrastructure;
• Develop and maintain a strategic plan (both academic and administrative);
• Cultivate vendor relationships;
• Be a portal into the rest of the technology world (i.e. professional development, site visits, staying current on new technologies and “best practices”);
• Act as an “internal consultant” to the Director, Trustees, faculty, students and parents.
• Be able to step in where needed for network administration, solving problems as they arise, and working with teachers in the academic realm.
The ideal candidate:
• Has interest and demonstrated ability in an educational setting, sense of humor, flexibility, energy, collegiality, and the ability to work effectively with a team.
• Has the ability to learn quickly and teach effectively
• At least two years in a comparable supervisory and management position.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong technical skills
The Putney School seeks to promote diversity in its program and hiring. We recognize that a diverse faculty and staff is crucial to the success and continued relevance of the school.
Please send a cover letter, resume and list of references by April 10, 2008 to:
Emily Jones, Director