Just two months ago, I wrote how I was still using Website Baker successfully for two sites. Well, it’s down to one now! I have migrated the Maru-a-Pula website from Website Baker to Drupal. Maru-a-Pula is an amazing school in Botswana that I have worked from the U.S. to assist since teaching there from 1994-96.
Nothing went wrong with Website Baker. The school had just outgrown the basic CMS for its needs. The principal had started to write a news column, and while Website Baker does support news, the Drupal module is much easier to use. We now have several new features the school or I had wanted: RSS feeds sitewide, a blog for any author, actual calendar functionality, and all sorts of future possibilities using modules from the Drupal community.
For the sake of a smooth user transition, I built a new Drupal theme (sub-theme of Zen) to copy almost exactly the old Website Baker theme. The two sites look nearly identical. I have to re-theme the Search form. I have done enough theme work in the last year that I felt very comfortable manipulating template and CSS files to create the desired look.
The site is designed so that local tech staff in Botswana may take over as much administration as they wish. The site has no custom module code whatsoever, and all dynamic content is presented through content types, views and blocks (e.g., main home page photo and three feature columns).