Do you run a 1:1 student laptop program? Do your teachers and students do all of their work in the cloud, without any local system configuration? I have two questions for you.
What do you do when no cloud equivalent exists for a desktop application?
How do you provision network, antivirus, and security configurations?
Our desktop applications include:
- Geometer’s Sketchpad
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Suite
System configuration includes:
- 802.1x system profile or WEP pre-shared key
- Custom machine name (for network identification)
- DHCP reservation (to assist with network identity)
- Server certificate for Global Address List lookups
- Sophos antivirus client
- SafeConnect (network access control) client
- Altiris (inventory and remote control) client
- Allow remote administration via Apple Remote Desktop
- Local administrator account for Apple Remote Desktop access
- Apple administrator account to facilitate Apple repairs
- Root user for some remote tasks