- How do students keep attention on their own writing while others are editing?
- When should we use Moodle, Google, or Word?
- What does it mean to be in the cloud?
- How can I invite others to edit a survey?
- When should I use the Outlook or Google calendar?
- How can I subscribe to the Catlin Gabel calendar in Google Apps?
- Could students use Docs for lab reports?
- How can I edit our daily bulletin from home?
- What security and privacy issues exist?
We are launching Google Apps primarily as a collaboration platform, not necessarily a replacement for our Office productivity suite and Moodle course management system. It will be the obvious choice when people want to work on a project together and a less obvious choice for online file storage, personal calendaring, and class websites. I have tried to keep the focus on learning and operations management rather than the tool itself, and so far the approach is working.