Originally published on the NAIS 2016 Annual Conference Online Community
14 members of the University Prep faculty and staff will attend the NAIS Annual Conference this week. Why bring so many? In recent years, the Annual Conference has shed its old reputation for serving just the needs of administrators. Keynote addresses, workshops, and networking opportunities now satisfy a wide range of teacher leader and program director interests. Themes of innovative teaching, educational equity, and co-curricular programs appear everywhere. As we increasingly distribute leadership responsibilities among our staff, it makes sense for bring more people to the year’s preeminent independent school showcase and networking opportunity.
Here is a sampling of the activities of different members of our team.
- Present a Speed Innovating session
- Cosponsor Cultural Competency by Design workshop
- Attend and discuss big ideas from keynote presentations
- Attend workshops that connect to our new strategic plan
- Attend Global Online Academy and Leadership+Design networking events
- Attend SPARKplaces event on the future of learning spaces
- Visit with Independent Curriculum Group retreat attendees
- Visit the Interactive Maker Space
- Identify potential future professional development workshop facilitators
- Interview candidates for teaching positions
- Lead a candidate recruitment roundtable discussion
- Hold a U Prep team dinner to support our internal connections
- Meet connections made at previous national conferences
- Reconnect with former colleagues from other schools
- Visit Bay Area schools
It’s going to be an enriching couple of days! We look forward to seeing you there.