1. Co-chairs welcome
E-chieh Lin (UPrep), Mahtab Mahmoodzadeh (Overlake), and Dori King (OES) delivered powerful opening remarks to 7,000 attendees.
2. Opening Keynote with Dr. Joy DeGruy
The country’s racial history is hiding in plain sight.
3. Affinity Groups
Familiar faces from past POCCs
4. Grading for Equity with Joe Feldman and Mark Boswell
How does change happen in schools? Teacher leadership with an “administrator tailwind.”
5. Anti-Racist STEM Education with Alyssa Reyes and Moses Rifkin (UPrep) and Shaye Whitmer (Evergreen)
The Underrepresentation Curriculum Project, “a modular, student-centered curriculum designed to examine and address equity and inclusion in science.”
6. Lola’s dance performance
Bold dancing to an audience of a thousand
7. Building Institutional Capacity for Sustained Conversation About Race
Eric Temple, Lick-Wilmerding High School (CA); Martha Haakmat, Haakmat Consulting
8. Valerie Kaur’s General Session
9. Islam in Context with Changa Bey, MICDS
Adjust spring program for students observing Ramadan
10. Wayne Au’s Featured Speaker Session
Wayne’s advice to new teachers: study your institution
11. Student-led Dialogue
I always love it when students lead the adults in conversation and activity.
12. Pedro Noguera’s Closing Keynote
Acknowledge the progress made, so that we acknowledge the work that has been done to this point.