Tag Archive for sflc
I will be co-leading this summer’s seminar on Innovative Leadership, offered by Santa Fe Leadership Center and Hillbrook School Center for Teaching Excellence. It would be great to see you there. This seminar is a great opportunity to engage deeply with ideas of innovation, risk, creativity, and school change, within a retreat setting, and along with 40 thoughtful colleagues from other schools. Seminar leaders include Carla Silver, Greg Bamford, Ryan Burke, and me. Guest presenters will include Jump Associates, The Grove Consulting, and Patricia Ryan Madson.
June 23-27, 2013 :: Silicon Valley, CA
- Why innovate? What forces or compels us to innovate?
- What are the qualities of innovators and how might I develop these qualities in my own leadership?
- How can I develop a culture of innovation at my school?
- What are sustaining and disruptive innovations on the horizon?
- How do I implement innovations and manage the full spectrum of responses from my community?
- How do I distinguish between sticky innovations and passing fads?